Re: [Scheme-reports] Questions about cond-expand

On Wed, Sep 5, 2012 at 3:42 PM, John Cowan <cowan@x> wrote:
> Christian Stigen Larsen scripsit:
>
>> reading about cond-expand in draft 6 has left me with questions:
>>
>> * If it's allowed at _program_ top-level as well, shouldn't that be
>>   reflected in the BNF?
>
> The meaning of cond-expand at top level is not defined by R7RS.

As I had already explained to Christian off-list, cond-expand
is allowed at the top-level as the result of ticket #150.

The relevant text in the latest branch reads:

  A Scheme program consists of a sequence of
  program parts: expressions, definitions, syntax definitions,
  record type definitions, imports, cond-expands, and includes.

>>   The BNF in draft 6 (IIRC) seems to explicitly allow it only in library
>>   declarations.

This is an oversight - thanks for bringing it up,
we'll add it to the BNF for programs.