[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [Scheme-reports] DISCUSSION/VOTE: The character tower
- To: Per Bothner <per@x>
- Subject: Re: [Scheme-reports] DISCUSSION/VOTE: The character tower
- From: John Cowan <cowan@x>
- Date: Thu, 8 May 2014 00:59:59 -0400
- Cc: scheme-reports@x
- In-reply-to: <536ADE44.email@example.com>
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20140506062205.GI5011@mercury.ccil.org> <email@example.com> <20140506184520.GR5011@mercury.ccil.org> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20140506220452.GY5011@mercury.ccil.org> <email@example.com> <CAGUt3y7c5xWL2oTu2_ipfBQYJ0j1RincatF3a0OEh3YgVMV1tQ@mail.gmail.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <536ADE44.email@example.com>
Per Bothner scripsit:
> In which programming languages, if any, do these expression (or similar
> expressions in appropriate syntax) return the same string?
> I don't know of any.
Which is exactly why we aren't going to standardize any such thing.
John Cowan http://www.ccil.org/~cowan cowan@x
To say that Bilbo's breath was taken away is no description at all. There are
no words left to express his staggerment, since Men changed the language that
they learned of elves in the days when all the world was wonderful. --The Hobbit
Scheme-reports mailing list