[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [Scheme-reports] numeric tower
- To: scheme-reports@x
- Subject: Re: [Scheme-reports] numeric tower
- From: "Bill Schottstaedt" <bil@x>
- Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2014 11:01:01 -0700
- In-reply-to: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- References: <email@example.com>
1) Should R7RS-large require arbitrarily large (up to implementation
restrictions like memory) exact integers?
2) Should R7RS-large require support for exact rational numbers?
3) Should R7RS-large require support for exact complex numbers?
No. This strikes me as ridiculous.
(make-polar 1 1) -> 0.5403023058681398+0.8414709848078965i.
4) Should R7RS-large require inexact complex numbers, to consist of
pairs of 64-bit IEEE binary floats?
No. I've been using multiprecision reals and complex numbers in s7
since 2009 (via gmp, mpfr, and mpc) -- I don't know what format they
use, but I certainly don't want to be limited to 64 bits.
Scheme-reports mailing list