Re: [Scheme-reports] multiple NaN values

Per Bothner scripsit:

> In Kawa nan and nan2 have the *same* bit-pattern (at least when run
> under JDK 1.7.0
> on Fedora).  Thus as you'd expect eqv? returns #t.  I assume this would
> apply that
> all/most Java-based Schemes, at least, so your experiment is meaningless.

Ouch, so it is.  Well, this is an area in which there are no guarantees
anyway.  This makes me more inclined to the R6RS (open-ended) semantics.

--
John Cowan                                cowan@x
han mathon ne chae, a han noston ne 'wilith.  --Galadriel, LOTR:FOTR