Re: [Scheme-reports] *TELUS Detected Spam*Re: [r6rs-discuss] returning back to pattern matching

Vincent Manis scripsit:

> If I were an implementor, I would try very hard to use the reference
> implementation for such things, on the grounds that (a) doing so
> would avoid my introducing bugs in writing my own code, and (b) if
> the result has poor performance or is unreliable, that exposes bugs
> or deficiencies in my implementation.

As I noted already, Chibi provides SRFI 1 as an importable module,
but doesn't use the reference implementation, probably because it's too
large and thus not consonant with Chibi's goals.

> It seems to me that there are two kinds of documents here. The WG2
> document(s) will comprise a normative standard, while there might be
> an additional document that describes the WG2 Scheme Library. This
> would include not only the implementation, but also appropriate test
> code.

Both WG1 and WG2 are supposed to provide such artifacts, though no one
has stepped up to the plate to do so.

--
A rose by any other name                            John Cowan
may smell as sweet,                                 http://www.ccil.org/~cowan