Re: [Scheme-reports] ANN: first draft of R7RS small language available

Andy Wingo wrote:
>> Folks, why do we at all match keywords (e.g. "else") lexically instead
>> of textually?
>
> What do you mean by "lexically" and by "textually" here?

Lexically: as syntax-rules matches literal identifiers in R5RS (or
R6RS), i.e. match if both the input and the pattern identifiers
refer to the same binding, or if both are unbound and textually
identical.

Textually: match if both identifiers are textually the identical,
ignoring whatever bindings they might refer to.