Re: [r6rs-discuss] [Scheme-reports] Unclear word in license grant

Perry E. Metzger scripsit:

> My problem with the license is straightforward: if I write a new
> document incorporating parts of the Scheme report, it is now a
> derived work. What license may I put on this derived work? I have no
> idea, because the license of the original work is completely unclear.

As a matter of general law, if you create a derived work under license,
you can put any license on your work that doesn't contradict the
conditions of the original license on derivative works.  Since there
obviously are no such conditions, you can use any license you want.

IANAL, TINLA, but this is not UPL either

--
The Imperials are decadent, 300 pound   John Cowan <cowan@x>
free-range chickens (except they have   http://www.ccil.org/~cowan