[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [Scheme-reports] ANN: first draft of R7RS small language available
- To: Andrzej <ndrwrdck@x>
- Subject: Re: [Scheme-reports] ANN: first draft of R7RS small language available
- From: Andre van Tonder <andre@x>
- Date: Tue, 3 May 2011 10:35:00 -0400 (EDT)
- Cc: scheme-reports <scheme-reports@x>
- In-reply-to: <BANLkTim=5TfhBkDHj9Pv_R+S99JrEeNojw@mail.gmail.com>
- References: <BANLkTim=5TfhBkDHj9Pv_R+S99JrEeNojw@mail.gmail.com>
On Tue, 3 May 2011, Andrzej wrote:
> In my implementation I've implemented 'cond' so that it recognizes
> 'else' by looking at the name of the symbol. If I have to fix it I'd
> like to know what the correct version is, why it is correct and why my
> implementation is wrong.
Here is a good example illustrating the problems of your proposed
Consider the following inline macro that converts a Scheme value to its boolean
(cond (exp #t)
Now imagine a user who knows that there are no reserved words in Scheme
and who knows nothing of the implementation of convert-to-boolean
does the following:
(let ((else #f))
What answer should he get?
What answer would he get in your implementation?
Scheme-reports mailing list