Re: [Scheme-reports] Fwd: Comments on draft 6 about call/cc

Alex Shinn scripsit:

> Exception handling has two aspects: first, determining the current
> exception handler; second, transferring the control to that handler,
> perhaps aborting the current continuation. The problematic
> interaction between call/cc and exceptions (which are well-known in
> SML/NJ, btw) occur at the phase of determining the exception handler
> (and not at the phase of aborting the part of the computation).

Can someone elucidate this?  I understand the point, but not the problem.

--
All Gaul is divided into three parts: the part          John Cowan
that cooks with lard and goose fat, the part            http://ccil.org/~cowan